Thursday, April 1, 2010

Last Day of Work!





Today Roby and I finished work...it is a very surreal feeling knowing we won't be returning to our much loved workplaces for the next 6 months.

I was very appreciative of the gifts I received from the staff at St Cath's and also those received from my students. I especially loved the gorgeous snowflake cupcake received from Virginia to symbolise the colder weather I should expect in London. The beautiful Easter/ London cake received from a student/parent from school was gratefully received, although I think it is way too picture perfect to eat!

It was a very strange feeling picking Roby up from work---he had to hand back his work vehicle, blackberry and laptop today---he felt very 'naked' without these things on the way home.

The excitement is definitely setting in and I am even considering starting to pack tonight to use up some of my nervous energy!

Looking forward to getting on the plane next Tuesday. First stop Dubai for 2 nights then on to London for our big adventure.

5 comments:

  1. p.s. must work out how to rotate photos whilst blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cupcake from virginia looks soooo yummy! so excited for you guys...off on a wonderful adventure! have fun!

    p.s. oh my gosh, why did you have to remove a post?! just being nosey...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you give this blog address to your students? Have a wonderful time, can't wait to here all about it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah I didnt give it to the kids ..I didnt want to have to worry about making everything "appropriate for kids" if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe Cathy..my Mum did a post as a test that said hello so I thought it looked a bit random lol

    ReplyDelete